Globe, Griffith Observatory, Los Angeles, California


Ok, so I know this photo isn't really representative of the Griffith Observatory, but I just LOVE globes and maps. I found this globe at the gift store at the Griffith Observatory, located in the appropriately named Griffith Park. This year is the International Year of Astronomy, celebrating the 400th year since Galileo used a telescope to make observations of the sky, and the Observatory is a participant in the festivities. The Observatory is full of space and science related exhibits, and offers views of all of Los Angeles (on a clear day).

Good night/morning! :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

dyanna said...

I like your blog.I'm waiting for your new posts.

Anonymous said...

Cool! I'm glad we got out and did something! haha!

-myley

Post a Comment